COVID in the U.S: Case Data
- American Samoa, Federated States of Micronesia, Puerto Rico and Republic of Marshall Islands have not recorded any COVID cases.
- California has the highest number of COVID-19 cases, with a total of 663,669. Florida has the second-highest number of cases with 594,287. Texas comes close in third place with a total of 577,537 cases.
- The data for the state of New York and New York City were provided separately. In this case, we added up all the relevant figures for both locations and have provided them in the spreadsheet.
- The total number of cases in New York (excluding NYC) is 197,617, while in New York City it is 233,268. The overall total number of cases for New York is 197,617 + 233,268 = 430,885. We also summed up the figures for cases in the last seven days and deaths per 100k for both locations.
- New York has the highest number of deaths per 100k, with 361 deaths.
COVID-19: States to Avoid
The top 10 states or US territories to avoid during Covid-19, based on the number of cases in the last 7 days, are Texas, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Tennessee, North Carolina, Missouri, Alabama, and Ohio. Below is a list of major airports in each of these states. Major airports were considered as those with 10,000 or more annual passengers, as defined by the FAA.
- Dallas Fort Worth International
- Houston George Bush Intercontinental
- Austin Bergstrom International
- Dallas Love Field
- Houston William P. Hobby
- San Antonio International
- El Paso International
- Midland International
- Lubbock Preston Smith International
- McAllen — Miller International
- Rick Husband Amarillo International
- Valley International
- Corpus Christi International Airport
- Robert Gray AAF
- Brownsville/South Padre Island International
- Laredo International
- Easterwood Field
- Abilene Regional
- San Angelo Regional/Mathis Field
- Waco Regional
- Tyler Pounds Regional
- Sheppard AFB/Wichita Falls Municipal
- Jack Brooks Regional
- East Texas Regional
- Del Rio International
- Los Angeles International
- San Francisco International
- Norman Y Mineta San Jose International
- Metropolitan Oakland International
- Sacramento International
- John Wayne Airport-Orange County
- Bob Hope
- Ontario International
- Long Beach /Daugherty Field
- Palm Springs International
- Fresno Yosemite International
- Santa Barbara Municipal
- San Luis County Regional
- Charles M Schulz — Sonoma County
- Monterey Regional
- Meadows Field
- Stockton Metropolitan
- California Redwood CoastHumboldt County
- Redding Municipal
- Santa Maria Public/Capt G Allan Hancock Field
- Mammoth Yosemite
- Orlando International
- Miami International
- Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International
- Tampa International
- Southwest Florida International
- Jacksonville International
- Palm Beach International
- Orlando Sanford International
- St Pete-Clearwater International
- Pensacola International
- Sarasota/Bradenton International
- Punta Gorda
- Eglin AFB/Destin-Ft Walton Beach
- Northwest Florida Beaches International
- Key West International
- Tallahassee International
- Daytona Beach International
- Gainesville Regional
- Melbourne International
- Hartsfield — Jackson Atlanta International
- Savannah/Hilton Head International
- Augusta Regional at Bush Field
- Valdosta Regional
- Southwest Georgia Regional
- Brunswick Golden Isles
- Middle Georgia Regional
- Chicago O’Hare International
- Chicago Midway International
- Quad City International
- General Downing — Peoria International
- Central IL Regional Airport at Bloomington-Normal
- Scott AFB/Midamerica
- Chicago/Rockford International
- University of Illinois-Willard
- Abraham Lincoln Capital
- Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois
- Quincy Regional-Baldwin Field
- Nashville International
- Memphis International
- McGhee Tyson
- Lovell Field
7. North Carolina
- Charlotte/Douglas International
- Raleigh-Durham International
- Piedmont Triad International
- Asheville Regional
- Wilmington International
- Fayetteville Regional/Grannis Field
- Concord-Padgett Regional
- Albert J Ellis
- Coastal Carolina Regional
- St Louis Lambert International
- Kansas City International
- Springfield-Branson National
- Columbia Regional
- Joplin Regional
- Cape Girardeau Regional
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International
- Huntsville International-Carl T Jones Field
- Mobile Regional
- Montgomery Regional
- Dothan Regional
- Mobile Downtown
- Cleveland-Hopkins International
- John Glenn Columbus International
- James M Cox Dayton International
- Akron-Canton Regional
- Rickenbacker International
- Toledo Express
COVID-19: International Travel
Countries like Albania, Tunisia, Kosovo, and Serbia are soft on travelers, only requiring screening and temperature checks. Others such as the UK, Brazil, Croatia, Bahamas and Kenya have put up mandatory requirements including PCR tests and quarantine periods for travelers jetting in, especially from hot spot countries like the United States.
Open to US citizens
The following countries are open to US citizens without tough conditions;
- Dominican Republic will only let visitors fill a Health Affidavit. The document confirms that visitors have not exhibited symptoms of Covid-19 within 72 hours of travel.
- North Macedonia.
- In Maldives, a health declaration has to be filled upon arrival. Accommodation also has to be booked in advance.
While visitors are not expected to present negative Covid-19 test results or get tested upon arrival, travelers should expect health screening and temperature checks upon arrival and during stay at the above mentioned travel destinations.
Open to US citizens, with restrictions
- Antigua and Barbudan government will need a negative Covid-19 test result that was taken within 7 days before arrival. Travelers may be needed to take another Covid-19 test at their hotels.
- Aruba will require negative Covid-19 test results, taken within 72 hours for travelers from 24 US states, including Florida and California.
- Bahamas’ visitors are required to quarantine for 14 days in a government facility at their own expense. Another test will be conducted at the end of the quarantine period.
- Barbados will need a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 72 hours. Visitors are expected to fill an “Embarkation/Disembarkation Card” that asks health and medical questions.
- Bermuda will need a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 5 days, and an additional $75. Travel insurance will also be needed before travel to Bermuda. Once arrived, a second test will be carried out which takes 4-8 hours.
- Belarus may require a negative PCR test (within 48-hours) for US visitors.
- Brazil recently reopened its international borders. A health insurance will be needed for incoming visitors.
- Cambodia will need a negative Covid-19 test result (within 72 hours) in addition to a $3,000 Covid-19 deposit.
- Croatia will require a negative Covid-19 test, not later than 48 hours. Travel documents like hotel accommodations, Airbnb reservations and scheduled tours may be needed by the Croatian authorities.
- Dominica will need a negative Covid-19 test not older than 72 hours, to be presented on arrival.
- Ecuador will require US visitors to undergo a mandatory 14-day quarantine period, even after a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 7 days.
- For an American to be allowed into Egypt they will need a negative Covid-19 test result taken within 48 hours.
- French Polynesia will need a negative Covid-19 test (within 72 hours).
- Grenada will require all travelers to bring a negative Covid-19 test that was taken 7 days prior. They will also need to download a tracing app and fill a health declaration form. Another coronavirus test will be administered within 48 hours of arrival while they self-isolate till results are out in 2-4 days.
- Haiti reopened for tourism on July 1st. According to Travel Off Path, a 14-day quarantine may be required. Temperature checks and health declaration forms are mandatory.
- Honduras will need proof that the visitor is free from Covid-19. The test must be taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- Ireland will need US travelers to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Jamaica will require negative test results taken within 10 days for travelers from New York, Arizona, Florida, and Texas to be authorized. A travel authorization and passport will be needed at the point of departure.
- Kenyan authorities will need a negative Covid-19 test, within 96 hours before flight. Temperatures will be monitored on arrival.
- Montenegro recently lifted restrictions on the United States. A negative PCR test result, not taken older than 72 hours will be needed upon arrival. The authorities will also be willing to accept the following; “Positive result for antibodies to new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) class IgG obtained by ELISA serological test.”
- Puerto Rico requires all visitors to bring a negative Covid-19 test upon arrival. Visitors without a prior test will be required to take one in addition to a 14-day quarantine period.
- Rwandan authorities will need a negative Covid-19 test, taken within 72 hours of arrival. Visitors will take a second test and self isolate as they wait for test results (24 hours).
- St. Barts will need negative Covid-19 test result within 72 hours or administer one upon arrival which would be followed by 24 hours of quarantine as visitors waits for results.
- St. Lucia will require “negative Covid-19 test result within 7 days.”
- St. Maarten will need a health declaration and a negative Covid-19 test taken within 72 hours of arrival.
- St. Vincent and Grenadines visitors can test for Covid-19 upon arrival or show negative results of a prior test. Those who get tested at the airport will be required to obey a 24-hour mandatory quarantine while awaiting results.
- Tanzania will also be testing US citizens upon arrival. Visitors will also need to fill out a Health Surveillance Form.
- Turks and Caicos will require a negative Covid-19 test taken at least 72 hours before arrival, and a proof of medical insurance. A completed health screening questionnaire will also be needed by the authorities.
- Ukraine visitors from the US will be required to download an app, be tested upon arrival, and self isolate for 24-hours.
- In the United Arab Emirates, Dubai Visitors will need a medical insurance to visit Dubai, download the “COVID-19 DXB app” before arrival, present negative Covid-19 tests, and fill a health declaration form.
- Abu Dhabi visitors from the US must present a negative Covid-19 test taken 48 hours prior, or present proof of appointment to get tested.
- United Kingdom will require US visitors to provide proof of accommodation. US visitors are required to self-isolate for 14 days. A Public Health Locator Form will need to be filled.