Most companies in the B Corps directory in the United States offer paid maternity and paternity leave, including some consulting firms.
- Most B-Corp organizations in the United States have paid maternity leave policies.
- While the maternity leave period differs from one organization to the next, it is seen as part of the reason why some small B Corps have won awards such as the “Best for the World” award from B Lab.
Maternity Leave Policies of B-Corps in the United States
- Below are examples of some maternity leave polices offered by companies in the US that are listed in the B-Corp directory:
- Fireclay Tile offers its workers four weeks of paid maternity and paternity leaves.
- Patagonia offers mothers a 16-week paid maternity leave while fathers get 12 weeks of paid paternity leave. Every family gets access to an on-site child care center and a caretaker to accompany the parents on a business trip. According to Rose Marcario, Patagonia, Inc.’s President and CEO, their maternity leave policy has seen 100% of mother return to work after the leave over the last five years.
- Seventh Generation offers a 12-week maternity leave on full salary, four-week paid adoptive parent leave, and four weeks of paternity leave on 100% salary.
- Employees at Ben & Jerry’s get a paid maternity leave of 16 weeks and a paid paternity leave of eight weeks.
- Abacus Wealth Partners offers its employees up to 6 months of paid parental leave.
Maternity Leave Policies for Consulting/Professional Services B-Corps in the United States
- Since most B-Corps firms/organizations in the professional services and/or consulting industry in the United States have different maternity leave polices, we have provided some best-in-class examples below.
- Metis Consulting, a management consulting firm based in New York, offers paid family leave time for both mothers and fathers.
- According to Glassdoor reviews, TCG Inc, a B-Corp IT consulting firm, offers 3 weeks of paid maternity leave and up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave.
- Geneva Global, a B-Corp philanthropic consulting firm offers paid maternity and paternity leave. Their parental leave was one of the reasons why the consulting firm received a B-Corp certification.
- According to reviews left on Glassdoor, TCC Group, a B-Corp consulting firm for the social sector offers “up to 12 weeks of paid maternity leave, plus ability to sub PTO and NY FMLA policies for up to an additional 8 weeks.”
- Idealist Consulting is a B-Corp technology consulting company for non-profits. The firm has a “generous parental leave policy.”
- Mal Warwick Donordigital offers its employees up to 6 weeks of paid parental leave.