The Two top entertainment apps for preschool-aged children 3-5 in the US are Preschool Adventures-1 and Preschool Learning — 27 Toddler Games for Free. Nickelodeon and Disney Channels Worldwide are the top two TV Networks for preschool children ages 3-5 in the US. Detailed information is below.
- Ranker has created a list of the best TV networks for children in the US using data based on voting by more than 40 million monthly visits to the website. The two top TV networks serving the 3-5-year-olds are Nickelodeon and Disney Channels Worldwide.
- Nickelodeon offers Nick Jr., which targets preschool children ages 2-6 in the United States with a variety of programming.
- Disney Junior, part of Disney Channels Worldwide, caters to children ages 2-7 and offers storytelling, musicals, and characters to help young children learn and develop.
Streaming Subscription Services
- According to Engadget‘s ranking, Amazon Kids+ (formerly FreeTime) and Netflix Kids are the top entertainment streaming subscription services for children ages three and above.
- The Amazon Kids+ subscription offers children access to thousands of kid-friendly games, books, educational apps, movies, audible books, and TV shows. The subscription starts at $2.99 per month.
- The Netflix Kids subscription offers TV shows and movies for children. The subscription starts at $9 per month.
- In addition, a recent survey conducted by YouGov in the US concluded that “Netflix and Amazon Prime are the leaders in children’s streaming content. More than three in five (62%) American parents in the survey said Netflix has good entertainment content for children, while 34% said it has good educational content. Netflix’s spot at the top of the list came about due to efforts to build a collection of children’s titles and offers from big-name creators like Nickelodeon. Also, 51% of US parents believe Amazon Prime has good entertainment content for kids, while 29% say it has good educational content.”
- Two top entertainment apps for preschool-aged children 3-5 in the US are ‘Preschool Adventures-1’ and ‘Preschool Learning — 27 Toddler Games for Free.’ Preschool Adventures-1 is a fun game that teaches preschool kids numbers, shapes, colors, and animals, among other things. It is an excellent game with educational puzzles for 3-4-year old kids. The app has over one million downloads.
- ‘Preschool Learning — 27 Toddler Games for Free’ caters to the 2-5-year-olds group. The games are designed to help children develop skills like visual perception, number ability, language skills, and memory. The app has over 500k downloads.
- We chose the two apps based on being named on the list of the best 10 apps for preschool children, catering to children within the 3-5 demographic, and those with over 500,000 downloads as reported by AppGrooves, “a company that collects, reviews, and ranks the best apps in more than 600 categories” in the United States.
- The National Geographic Little Kids and Reading Eggs are two top entertainment websites for children ages 3-5. The National Geographic Little Kids is for online learning and caters to the 3 to 6 age group. The website leverages resources from the National Geographic organization and features games, videos, and interactive media that focuses on educating the children about geography, science, and the world.
- The National Geographic Little Kids website was ranked among the top ten best online learning tools for children in 2021 by Best Kid Stuff. It was position eight and received an overall score of 91 out of 100. It was also awarded 96 out of 100 for activities, 89 out of 100 for comprehensiveness, 88 out of 100 for safety, 90 out of 100 for fun, and 92 out of 100 for price.
- The Reading Eggs website falls within the 3-5 age range, and children use reading eggs to explore read-aloud books, play alphabet games, and watch videos that equip them with pre-reading skills, such as identifying sounds and letters. The website was ranked among the top ten best online learning tools for children in 2021 by Best Kid Stuff. It was second and received an overall score of 96 out of 100. It also got 100 out of 100 for activities, 97 out of 100 for comprehensiveness, 95 out of 100 for safety, 96 out of 100 for fun, and 92 out of 100 for price.