Examples of tools and software for the creation of online courses for an LMS are Thinkific, Articulate 360, Easygenerator Software, TalentLMS, and SkyPrep LMS. Full details surrounding the pricing for the creation of content for Learning Management Systems can be found below, with additional details on general pricing.
Creating Course Content
- Creating course content could rely on hiring an instructional designer to help develop the course and a subject-matter expert responsible for creating the syllabus and content.
- The costs associated with the creation of an online course depend on the length, complexity, and course creator.
- For example, a beginner marketing course requires less involvement and costs compared to an advanced chemistry course. Higher-level experts are needed to develop more complicated course materials.
- When hiring outside course creators, payment is done per hour.
- Salary.com reveals that the median hourly rate for an instructional designer varies depending on their experience and location, but is generally $36.
- The hourly rate for a subject matter expert depends on their field and expertise level but the average is listed as $42 on Salary.com.
Tools and Software for the Creation of Online Courses for Learning Management Systems
- There are several tools and software that can be used for the creation of online courses.
- One option is free and it allows the user to test drive the core feature set for free.
- The basic package costs $39 per month and allows the user to start their course creation experience with the basic tools and features that they need to last their first course.
- The Pro option costs $79 per month and allows course creators to build successful online course businesses and access a complete set of tools for the creation of amazing student experiences.
- Premier is the final package and it costs $399 per month. It is well suited for advanced customers looking to build education empires. Online education can be delivered at scale with no limitations.
2. Articulate 360
- Articulate 360 allows for the creation of e-learning courses for Learning Management Systems.
- For companies, the team plan is available and it costs $1,299 per user, annually.
- For freelancers, there is a personal plan priced at $999 for one user, annually and a team plan priced at $1,299 per user, annually.
- Academic pricing had a personal plan going for $499 for one user, annually and a team plan going for $649 per user, annually.
3. Easygenerator Software
- Easygenerator is a cloud-based LMS solution that allows users to author learning courses by creating content.
- The Pro plan costs $99 per month or $990 per year (with savings for two months).
- The Team plan costs $413 per month and is billed as $4950 annually.
- TalentLMS is a cloud-based LMS that allows users to build online courses for all purposes even with no prior experience.
- There are 6 standard plans:
- Free: $0 per month.
- Starter: $59 per month billed yearly or $79 per month billed monthly.
- Basic: $129 per month billed yearly or $159 per month billed monthly.
- Plus: $249 per month billed yearly or $329 per month billed monthly.
- Premium: $429 per month billed yearly or $529 per month billed monthly.
- Enterprise: Custom plan.
- There are five active plans:
- Starter active: $129 per month billed yearly or $159 per month billed monthly.
- Basic active: $239 per month billed yearly or $299 per month billed monthly.
- Plus active: $349 per month billed yearly or $449 per month billed monthly.
- Premium active: $479 per month billed yearly or $599 per month billed monthly.
- Enterprise: custom plan.