Janssen vaccine could be available in the UK by mid-2021. Since only the data for when the Janssen vaccine will be released in the UK was found, a summary of useful findings has been provided below.
Also, check out our research on;
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Moderna; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Pfizer; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Novavax; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – AstraZeneca; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: New Jersey, New Mexico, New York
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Texas, Utah, Vermont
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Virginia, Washington, West Virginia
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Wisconsin, Wyoming
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Arkansas, California, Colorado
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Georgia, Idaho, Illinois
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
- COVID-19 Vaccine for African Americans
- U.S Vaccine Roll-Out Information
- How U.S. Federal and State Governments are Supporting Employees During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Use of Contact Tracing to Fight COVID-19
- Flu/Covid Testing Products
- Janssen Covid 19 vaccine candidate is a recombinant vector vaccine that uses a human adenovirus to express the SARS-COV-2 spike protein cell. The vaccine candidate is dubbed JNJ-78436735 and has not yet been approved for production. However, it is in Phase 3 of the development stage after having positive interim results from its earlier clinical trials.
- Currently, Jansen is conducting two worldwide studies for a single dose regimen (Ensemble study) and a double dose regimen (Ensemble 2 study).
- The Ensemble Study was launched in September 2020, and it is targeting 60,000 participants across the US, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and South Africa.
- The Ensemble 2 study was launched in November 2020, and it is targeting 30,000 participants across the UK, the US, France, Germany, South Africa, Spain, Belgium, Colombia, and the Philippines.
- Janssen selected the above countries because they have a high prevalence of Covid-19 and also the ability to achieve a rapid initiation.
- Depending on the Phase 3 Ensemble and Ensemble 2 studies’ success, the Janssen vaccine could be available in the UK by mid-2021. The UK has already placed an order of 30 million doses of the Covid-19 vaccine from Janssen. The UK has an option to order an additional 22 million doses as per the agreement terms.
- Jansen has made supply agreements with the US for 100 million doses of its vaccine. The company has also made a supply agreement with Canada for 38 million doses.
- Additionally, Janssen agreed with the European Commission who were acting on behalf of the European Union Member States, to supply them with 200 million doses of their vaccine once regulators have approved it. The agreement also allows EU member States to secure an additional 200 million doses.
- In the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, estimates that most Americans will receive a Covid 19 vaccine by spring 2021. It is imperative to note that the vaccine to be released was not specified is from which company.
Extensive research revealed that Janssen announced it would release its vaccine once it has been approved by regulators after its Assemble and Assemble 2 trials end. However, the company has not provided a date that it expects its phase 3 trials to end. Nevertheless, we found an article that estimates when the vaccine will be released in the UK. Estimates on when the vaccine will be released in the US, Canada, the EU, Japan, and China were not found. This was after an extensive review of the Jonhson and Johnson website, the parent company of Janssen Pharmaceuticals. We searched through the company’s press releases, but there was no release date for the vaccine. We also scoured through websites that continually update people on the Covid-19 virus. Even Though there was a lot of information on the Janssen vaccine, there was no specific estimate on when the vaccine will be released in the provided countries. Additionally, we scoured the company’s social media platforms hoping that they have posted or commented on when they will release the vaccine, but no information was available. Lastly, the team searched through news articles looking for any mention on when Janssen vaccine will be released in the identified countries but no results were found.