There were no specific timings available on when the Novavax vaccine doses can be available in the E.U.and in Japan. In the U.S., Novavax is planning to manufacture a cumulative amount of around 100 million doses by December 2020. However, China has no plans of entering into a procurement agreement with Western drug manufacturers. In general, the leading COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers such as Novavax are expected to have most of their doses available in the early part of 2021.
Also, check out our research on;
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Moderna; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Pfizer; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Janssen; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – AstraZeneca; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: New Jersey, New Mexico, New York
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Texas, Utah, Vermont
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Virginia, Washington, West Virginia
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Wisconsin, Wyoming
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Arkansas, California, Colorado
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Georgia, Idaho, Illinois
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
- COVID-19 Vaccine for African Americans
- U.S Vaccine Roll-Out Information
- How U.S. Federal and State Governments are Supporting Employees During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Use of Contact Tracing to Fight COVID-19
- Flu/Covid Testing Products
- The U.S. is expecting Novavax to allot 100 million doses for its citizens as it has provided $1.6 billion in funds to enable the company to manufacture the vaccine on a bigger scale.
- This agreement is part of the Operation Warp Speed initiative where several companies including Novavax are commissioned by the U.S. government to start the delivery of around 300 million doses of vaccine to its people by 2021.
- There was also a $70 million agreement between the Department of Defense and Novavax where the latter is expected to make the vaccine components in the U.S. and deliver 10 million doses of the vaccine for use in the Phase 2/3 clinical trials.
- Novavax is planning to manufacture a cumulative amount of around 100 million doses for the U.S. by December 2020.
- As part of its agreement with Novavax, the Government of Canada signified its intent to procure around 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373 from the company.
- The agreement was reached in principle as the Novavax vaccine is still undergoing clinical trials to ensure its safety and immunogenicity.
- In the U.S. and the U.K., the company is still conducting Phase 3 clinical trials. The clinical trial results are expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2021 in the U.K.
- The two entities are hoping to clinch an advance procurement contract that will let Novavax supply its vaccine to the country starting on the second quarter of 2021. The transaction will also depend on whether Health Canada will approve the licensure of the vaccine.
- Novavax, Inc. has entered into a procurement agreement with the U.K. government for the purchase of 60 million doses of Novavax’sNVX-CoV2373.
- U.K. is expecting to receive this vaccine supply by the first quarter of 2021.
- As part of its partnership with Novovax, Inc., U.K.-based FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies will be involved in manufacturing the vaccine at their U.K. facility.
European Union (EU)
- The EU is currently involved in several discussions with Novovax to finalize the number of doses that they can purchase from the company.
- The EU is planning to purchase the vaccine as a group so no specific country-purchase information was available.
- The general estimate is for all the vaccines to be available for wealthy countries such as the EU by late 2020 or early 2021.
- An official estimated that around 100 million doses could be provided by Novovax to the EU.
- There was no specific date available on when the vaccine will be shipped in the EU.
- Japan-based Takeda Pharmaceutical mentioned that it is planning to get involved in the production and sales of around 250 million doses of Novavax’s vaccine every year. Japan’s government will be financing this initiative.
- China is currently not involved in any supply agreements with Western pharmaceutical companies such as Novovax.
- Several companies in China have instead partnered with private firms that are based in the country. As an example, Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co Ltd. has partnered with AstraZeneca for the local production of the latter’s vaccine.
- However, there was no available information on whether China has partnered with Novovax to make the latter’s vaccine available in the country.
To determine the timing on when the US, Canada, the UK, the EU, Japan, and China are expected to receive doses of Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine, we looked through the company’s annual reports, investor presentations, and other similar sources. Based on this search approach, we were able to determine estimated timings for the U.S., the U.K., and Canada. These timings are estimated as Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine is still undergoing clinical trials. We were not able to find the timings for the EU, Japan, and China on the company’s internal reports. We then searched through pharmaceutical-related publications, business sites such as Reuters, Yahoo Finance, Bloomberg, and other similar sources to determine if there are analysts’ speculations on when the EU, Japan, and China are expected to receive Novavax’s vaccines. Based on this search approach, we were not able to find specific timings for these territories. What we found are general estimated timings and some specific supply arrangements with Japan. However, there were no timings indicated. For China, we found out that there was no plan for the country to acquire vaccine supplies from Western manufacturers such as Novovax. We also looked for interview excerpts and checked government databases to uncover information on the required timing but no other definite dates are available. What we found out is that major vaccine makers such as Novovax are expected to ship out supplies by early 2021. Based on these search results, we presented our findings in the section above. We also included some helpful insights.