Data collected for the selected states was as a result of a Covid-19 tracker that shows the success rate at which the vaccines have been distributed as well as the number of people being vaccinated in the particular state. The states selected had among the highest doses administered which was as a result of using the specific COVID-19 registration systems.
State #1: Arizona
- Arizona COVID-19 vaccine is allocated through local and tribal health jurisdictions. Due to the current limited initial supply of vaccine, Arizona counties will be utilizing a vaccine prioritization phased approach.
- To find an appointment close to you, use the map-based finder on their landing page and sign up through the location-specific registration website.
- The site has a map that shows which phase each county is vaccinating. The state has an online appointment system for eligible residents, but there is no preregistration for the vaccine.
- Since Millions of Americans speak a language other than English at home, including more than 150 Native American languages spoken by 350,000 people, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Arizona, health officials launched a Spanish-language vaccine registration website only last week. Arizona is about 32% Hispanic, according to census data.
State #2: California
- California has a dedicated vaccine portal to walk residents through the process of determining their eligibility based on age and occupation.
- After determining eligibility, the portal will find the nearest vaccine location. If the vaccine isn’t available yet, residents can sign up to receive email notifications of when they can sign up.
- Gov. Gavin Newsom said the state will move to an age-based eligibility system once the state’s more vulnerable population is vaccinated.
- Technology from California companies Salesforce and Skedulo are the foundation for My Turn. Having been piloted in Los Angeles and San Diego counties, individuals can visit https://myturn.ca.gov to register for a notification immediately.
State #3: Washington, D.C.
- The Washington State Department of Health site offers a vaccine phase finder tool and a vaccine location finder map. Once eligible, appointments must be made with individual locations.
- Residents can take an eligibility quiz to determine their own timeline, while those who are eligible can use this state directory to book an appointment.
- The website lists hospitals and health centers that are providing vaccines and there is also a registration portal at the bottom of the website that is active when there are available appointments.