For Russia and China, there was no information available on whether they have ordered the Novovax vaccine as they have already manufactured their own vaccines. In India, Novovax has signed a deal with the Serum Institute of India (SII) to manufacture around a billion doses for India by mid-2021. Meanwhile, countries that were part of COVAX such as Brazil and several Latin American countries are set to receive around two billion doses of the various COVID-19 vaccines in COVAX’s portfolio by the end of 2021.
Also, check out our research on;
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: New Jersey, New Mexico, New York
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Texas, Utah, Vermont
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Virginia, Washington, West Virginia
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Wisconsin, Wyoming
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Arkansas, California, Colorado
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Georgia, Idaho, Illinois
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Indiana, Iowa, Kansas
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan
- COVID-19 Vaccination Plans: Mississippi, Missouri, Montana
- COVID-19 Vaccine for African Americans
- U.S Vaccine Roll-Out Information
- How U.S. Federal and State Governments are Supporting Employees During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Use of Contact Tracing to Fight COVID-19
- Flu/Covid Testing Products
- COVID-19 Vaccine Packaging and Distribution
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Moderna; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Pfizer; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Novavax; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – Janssen; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccine – AstraZeneca; Timeline in U.S., U.K., E.U., China, Japan & Canada
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Different Countries – AstraZeneca
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Different Countries – Janssen
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Different Countries – Moderna
- COVID-19 Vaccines in Different Countries – Pfizer
- COVID-19 Long Haul Research
- Why was the COVID-19 Vaccine Developed So Quickly?
- Types of COVD-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 and Medical Advances
Brazil and Latin American Countries
- Brazil is one of the countries which signified its interest to join the COVID-19 Vaccine Global Access Facility (COVAX). COVAX is being overseen by the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI).
- COVAX is one of three pillars of the “Access to COVID-19 Tools (ACT) Accelerator.” It was introduced in April by the World Health Organization (WHO), the European Commission, and France to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The goal of COVAX is to collaborate with vaccine manufacturers to allow both higher and lower-income countries to have fair access to safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines.
- COVAX will play its role as a platform that will “support the research, development, and manufacturing” of multiple varieties of COVID-19 vaccine prospects. The platform will also be involved in pricing negotiations.
- Countries that have joined the facility can benefit from the COVAX Advance Market Commitment (AMC).
- COVAX has the largest and most diverse COVID-19 vaccine portfolio globally, including the Novavax vaccine.
- The original target is to have around “two billion doses available by the end of 2021.”
- Other Latin American countries that have expressed their intent to join COVAX include Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and Venezuela.
- Latin American countries that have already been approved for inclusion in the COVAX Advance Market Commitment (AMC) include Bolivia, Nicaragua, El Salvador, and Honduras.
- For Ecuador, the country is in the process of securing around 18 million doses from vaccine manufacturers such as Novavax.
- The vaccine providers are expected to send these doses to Ecuador by the end of March 2021.
- Novovax has signed a deal with the Serum Institute of India (SII) to manufacture around a billion doses for India.
- SII is the biggest vaccine manufacturer globally.
- It is expected to produce around 2 billion doses a year beginning in mid-2021.
- India is also one of the countries that have been approved for inclusion in the COVAX Advance Market Commitment (AMC).
- There was no available information found on whether Russia will order the Novavax vaccine.
- Russia has produced its own Sputnik V vaccine which has been pre-ordered by 20 nations. Around one billion doses of Sputnik V are expected to be shipped.
- There was no information found on any orders for the Novovax vaccine from China.
- There was also no available data on whether Novavax has formed local partnerships with Chinese companies to manufacture the drug.
- China has already manufactured its own vaccines such as the Sinopharm vaccine, the CanSino vaccine, and the Sinovac vaccine.
- The U.S. is expecting Novavax to allot 100 million doses for its citizens as it has provided $1.6 billion in funds to enable the company to manufacture the vaccine on a bigger scale.
- This agreement is part of the Operation Warp Speed initiative where several companies including Novavax are commissioned by the U.S. government to start the delivery of around 300 million doses of vaccine to its people by 2021.
- There was also a $70 million agreement between the Department of Defense and Novavax where the latter is expected to make the vaccine components in the U.S. and deliver 10 million doses of the vaccine for use in the Phase 2/3 clinical trials.
- Novavax is planning to manufacture a cumulative amount of around 100 million doses for the U.S. by December 2020.
- As part of its agreement with Novavax, the Government of Canada signified its intent to procure around 76 million doses of NVX-CoV2373 from the company.
- The agreement was reached in principle as the Novavax vaccine is still undergoing clinical trials to ensure its safety and immunogenicity.
- In the U.S. and the U.K., the company is still conducting Phase 3 clinical trials. The clinical trial results are expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2021 in the U.K.
- The two entities are hoping to clinch an advance procurement contract that will let Novavax supply its vaccine to the country starting on the second quarter of 2021. The transaction will also depend on whether Health Canada will approve the licensure of the vaccine.
- Novavax, Inc. has entered into a procurement agreement with the U.K. government for the purchase of 60 million doses of Novavax’sNVX-CoV2373.
- U.K. is expecting to receive this vaccine supply by the first quarter of 2021.
- As part of its partnership with Novovax, Inc., U.K.-based FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies will be involved in manufacturing the vaccine at their U.K. facility.
European Union (EU)
- The EU is currently involved in several discussions with Novovax to finalize the number of doses that they can purchase from the company.
- The EU is planning to purchase the vaccine as a group so no specific country-purchase information was available.
- The general estimate is for all the vaccines to be available for wealthy countries such as the EU by late 2020 or early 2021.
- An official estimated that around 100 million doses could be provided by Novovax to the EU.
- There was no specific date available on when the vaccine will be shipped in the EU.
- Japan-based Takeda Pharmaceutical mentioned that it is planning to get involved in the production and sales of around 250 million doses of Novavax’s vaccine every year. Japan’s government will be financing this initiative.
- China is currently not involved in any supply agreements with Western pharmaceutical companies such as Novovax.
- Several companies in China have instead partnered with private firms that are based in the country. As an example, Shenzhen Kangtai Biological Products Co Ltd. has partnered with AstraZeneca for the local production of the latter’s vaccine.
- However, there was no available information on whether China has partnered with Novovax to make the latter’s vaccine available in the country.