The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides a live tracker of COVID-19 vaccination rates in the US. Our World in Data.org also provides a live tracker of COVID-19 vaccinations in European countries. These and other details are outlined below.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) maintains a COVID-19 vaccination tracker in the US.
- The live tracker provides a state-by-state breakdown and was last updated January 8, 2021 (EST).
- CDC provides a national view of either state-by-state vaccine distribution or the number of people who have received their first dose.
John Hopkins University
- John Hopkins University of Medicine has also shared its COVID-19 vaccine tracker map.
- The University’s map shows US states’ public reports of COVID-19 vaccine administrations in their jurisdictions.
- John Hopkins University did not indicate how often its data is updated but notes that its vaccine tracker will expand as more US states make their data available to the public.
NBC News and Other Media
- Various media sources are also providing live tracker maps of COVID-19 vaccinations in the US by state.
- NBC News maintains a daily live tally of COVID-19 vaccination numbers across the US by state.
- Time.com provides a map for doses administered by US state (last updated January 8, 2021 EST).
- The New York Times also provides a vaccine rollout map by US state (last updated January 8, 2021 EST).
Europe COVID-19 Vaccination Rollout
Our World in Data.org
- Our World in Data.org provides a live tracker of COVID-19 vaccinations in European countries.
- These include Italy, Spain, Germany, Russia, France, and others.
- The live tracker was last updated today, January 8, 2021 EST.
- Bloomberg also offers a live tracker of COVID-19 vaccination rollout on a global scale including Europe (see “Global Vaccination Campaign” table on webpage).
- European countries such as France, Germany, Italy, Greece and others are covered.
- Data is updated daily from Bloomberg’s Covid-19 Vaccine Tracker.
European Medicines Agency
- The European Medicines Agency (EMA) is publishing periodical updates on the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in Europe on an arbitrary basis.
- The latest update was given on December 22, 2020 and announced that the “EMA will organise a second public meeting on 8 January 2021 to inform European citizens about the assessment, approval and roll-out of new COVID-19 vaccines.“
- The public meeting was held online and broadcast live.
- EMA’s updates on the rollout of COVID-19 vaccinations in Europe can be followed here.
- The Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering (JHU CSSE) also maintains a data repository for COVID-19 updates from non-US countries including several European nations.
- France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Russia, Sweden, Ukraine, the Netherlands, and Iceland are some countries covered.
- BBC News periodically publishes updates on COVID-19 vaccination in Europe and the rest of the world.
- Germany, the Czech Republic, France, and Russia are some countries covered in the latest update published January 8, 2021 EST.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Side Effects Tracking
- MedShadow.org publishes a daily updated COVID-19 vaccine side effect tracker in the US.
- The tracker gives updates on side effects reported per branded COVID-19 vaccine such as Moderna.
- The tracker follows reports from the FDA, NIH, CDC, and pharmaceutical companies behind the vaccines.
CDC’s V-safe (Not Yet Available)
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also initiated a mobile side effects tracker for COVID-19 vaccinations in the US.
- V-safe collects data through text messages and web surveys submitted by people who received vaccination.
- As of today, data from v-safe has not yet been released to the public.
Headlands Research (Not Yet Available)
- Headlands Research is a clinical trial site company which collects data on COVID-19 vaccination side effects.
- The company records ‘granular details’ (such as adverse reactions) on each vaccine equipped with a tracker.
- Headlands Research is working with Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca.
- The company hopes to track over 160,000 Americans participating in large-scale vaccine trials in January and February 2021.
- However, the company has not yet released early results of its data collection.
Europe COVID-19 Vaccination Side Effects Tracking
European Vaccine Portal
- The European Vaccine Portal states that the EMA continually monitors side effects and adverse reactions in people who received COVID-19 vaccination.
- EMA collates information from medical reports, clinical studies, regulatory information, and other medical literature to track side effects.
- The agency also requires pharmaceutical companies to submit monthly safety report summaries for their vaccines.
- EMA’s updates on COVID-19 vaccination side effects in Europe can be followed here (arbitrary schedule).
- Regular updates on approved vaccines such as Comirnaty (including side effects) can also be viewed on individual pages.
- EudraVigilance is a European database collecting reports of side effects and adverse reactions to drugs including vaccines.
- Pharmaceutical products and substances can be searched by name in EudraVigilance’s index.
- The number of side effect cases can be identified by country as data availability permits.
- EudraVigilance may update its reports and data on an arbitrary basis or as soon as data becomes available.
- The EMA has also commissioned the ACCESS project (‘vACcine Covid-19 monitoring readinESS’) for monitoring of COVID-19 vaccine side effects in Europe.
- The project anticipates monitoring of the vaccines when they enter the European market.
- ACCESS is supported by VAC4EU which acts as its IT infrastructure.
- VAC4EU offers ACCESS data including background rates of adverse events from 7 countries in Europe covering 130 million people.
- These adverse incident rates are calculated using the VAC4EU tools (see protocol here).
- ACCESS and VAC4EU may update reports and data on an arbitrary basis or as soon as data becomes available.