Research showed that within the Demand Generation Agency industry, trends such as artificial intelligence, the use of intent data, and conversational marketing are or have recently been key strategies in marketing and lead generation. Data also shows that the majority of marketers, approximately 61%, say generating traffic and leads is one of their top challenges in today’s market.
Trends & Platforms
1. AI Powered Ad Generation
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is being utilized by agencies across the industry to optimize ads throughout all their digital platforms. As phrased by the Marketing AI Institute — “They analyze the data at scale, then make predictions about what that data means. An AI-powered CRM system, for instance, would contain all the same data as a traditional one. Except, the AI-powered system could also potentially recommend which leads are most likely to close, who you should talk to next, and how to score leads based on their behaviors on your site.”
- Ad platforms based on artificial intelligence also have the advantage of being able to adapt and “learn” through sophisticated algorithms and data analysis. This can improve ad performance dramatically over traditional methods.
2. Intent Data
- Intent data concerns information or data that “signals” a consumers’ intention to complete a certain action. This can empower a company by allowing them the opportunity combined with the information to create personalized ads & messages that are timed and in context, producing more effective B2B or B2C marketing efforts.
- Companies like Bombora utilize intent data technology and offer this service to predict a prospective customer’s intent on purchasing a particular product based on their purchase history, web search history, and other related data. They use this data to calculate a score on a scale from 0 to 100, that determines the consumer’s intent, where a score of “50” would be average or a score of “55” would be slightly above average.
3. Conversational Marketing Platform
- Conversational marketing is the use of chatbots with an underlying AI powered algorithm to handle customer interactions such as customer service inquiries, collecting lead data such as emails, names, and more. Chatbots can be utilized on many platforms including Facebook, embedded in a website, or as a phone text message system.
- Chatbot platforms and applications have shown strong results & advantages such as them being instant and automatized, customer interaction can be personalized, and they have a higher open rate, as high as 88% compared to about 18% with traditional emails.
4. Influencer Marketing
- Found to be a crucial and trending activity in most modern brands is the use of influencers to generate leads and sales. Influencers are persons, brands, or digital entities that have a large social media following in a particular or multiple platforms and have a sense of authority and trust amongst their followers.
- Within the realm of influencer marketing, there are also “Micro-influencers” which are considered experts in their respective niche, such as a fitness expert, avid and experience travelers, or food bloggers.
- According to the Edelman report — “63 percent of consumers trust influencers’ opinions of products much more than what brands say about themselves” and “58 percent of people have bought a new product in the past six months because of an influencer’s recommendation.”
5. Quotes & Statistics
- “Without marketing automation, you are just guessing — just hoping that people will take the bait and be ready to buy your products. Statistics show that buyers don’t do that. They want to learn at their own pace and be reached when they need more information or are ready to buy. A well-constructed marketing automation strategy makes that a reality.” — John McTigue, Executive VP and co-owner of Kuno Creative
- “In a business of any size — especially one with an engaging web and social media presence — buyer interactions can number in the thousands, millions, or even hundreds of millions. Without the right tools to automate the planning, execution, and measurement, even the hardest-working marketer can be overwhelmed by the complexity.” — Phil Fernandez, Revenue Disruption
- Findings from a CMO report found that over half of senior executives cite a lack of familiarity with technology as a barrier to digital transformation and 48% of marketers are not confident in their digital ability.
- According to research conducted by Hubspot — 61% of marketers say generating traffic and leads is their top challenge.
- The Content Marketing Institute reported that “79% of B2B marketers credit email as the most effective distribution channel for demand generation efforts”
- Hubspot found that — “Most midsize to large organizations average less than 5,000 marketing qualified leads per month.”
- Wordstream found that — “Lead generation, sales, and lead nurturing are the top three organizational objectives for content marketers.”
- According to research by the Annuitas Group — “Organizations that use marketing automation with prospects experience a 451% increase in qualified leads.”
- The B2B Technology Marketing Community found that —”B2B marketers say their greatest barriers with lead generation are the lack of resources in staffing, budgeting, and/or time.”