Major events that are expected to take place during October 2020 assuming no complications include political debates, technology conferences and expos, IPOs, tech releases, and major sporting finals. For each event identified, a link to a description of the event has been provided. In addition, the expected date for which the event is to happen, as well as the general city or location, has been stated. These events were primarily identified via major news outlets and expert publications. They have been sectioned off below based on the nature of the event, as well.
Major Events: October 2020
- The Vice Presidential Debate will take place at the University of Utah in Salt Lake City on October 7, 2020.
- The Second Presidential Debate is expected to take place at the Adrienne Arsht Center for Performing Arts in Miami on October 15, 2020.
- The Third Presidential Debate is to be held at Belmont University in Nashville on October 22, 2020.
- The 3rd Quarter Report (for July 1-September 30, 2020) for the U.S. Senate is due on October 20, 2020.
- The last day to file in the U.S. 2020 Census is October 5, 2020.
- The filing deadline for the Pre-General Candidate Committees report is October 22, 2020.
- The MSPWorld 2020 conference will take place online from New Orleans, LA between September 30, 2020 to October 2, 2020.
- The TNW Conference will take place in Amsterdam from October 1-2, 2020.
- The Voice Summit 2020 will be held in Washington, D.C. from October 5-8 and house more than 5,000 developers.
- The CIO 100/AGENDA20 Virtual Symposium, Conference, and Awards will run from October 6-7, 2020 in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
- The Future in Review, or FiRe 2020 conference will be held in La Jolla, CA from October 6-9, 2020.
- The Slack Frontiers 2020 conference will be held virtually from San Francisco, CA between October 7-9, 2020.
- The Acronis Global Cyber Summit will take place in Miami Beach, FL from October 19-21, 2020.
- Gartner’s IT Symposium/Xpo Americas will be held virtually between October 19-22, 2020. The same conference for APAC will take place virtually from October 27-29, 2020.
- The Spinnaker Summit will take place virtually and stream from San Diego, CA from October 16-28, 2020.
- The API World 2020 conference will be held in San Jose, CA from October 27-29, 2020.
- The MWC Americas conference will take place from October 28-30 in Los Angeles, CA.
- GOTO Berlin 2020 will happen in Berlin, Germany from October 29-30.
- Industry experts expect that Apple will release the new iPhone 12 (Max, Pro, and Pro Max) for sale/preorder on October 13, 2020.
- The MLBs 116th World Series games are expected to take place between October 20-28, 2020. Locations vary by game, but the final event is to take place in Arlington, TX.
- The 2020 NBA Finals are expected to take place between September 30, 2020 and October 6, 2020. However, additional games are scheduled between October 9-13, if needed.
- The 2020 Toyota AFL Grand Final will be held on October 24, 2020 at The Gabba in Australia.
- The 2020 NRL Grand Finals will take place between October 2-4, 2020.
- Mission Produce, Inc. (AVO) will issue an IPO of 9,375,000 shares worth $183.3M on October 1, 2020.
- Chindata Group Holdings Limited (CD) will issue an IPO of 40,000,000 shares worth $500M on October 1, 2020.
- Lixiang Education Holding Co. Ltd (LXEH) will issue an IPO of 3,333,400 shares worth $42.2M on October 1, 2020.
- Pulmonx Corp (LUNG) will issue an IPO of 6,666,667 shares worth $122.7M on October 1, 2020.
- Oncorus, Inc. (ONCR) will issue an IPO of 5,800,000 shares worth $106.72M on October 2, 2020.
- Academy Sports & Outdoors, Inc. (ASO) will issue an IPO of 15,625,000 shares worth $305.5M on October 2, 2020.
- IMUNOME, INC. (INMN) will issue an IPO of 2,500,000 shares worth $30M on October 2, 2020.
- C4 Therapeutics, Inc. (CCCC) will issue an IPO of 8,800,000 shares worth $149.6M on October 2, 2020.
- OTR Acquisition (OTRAU) will issue an IPO of 25,000,000 shares worth $250M on October 5, 2020.