The U.K. campaign for CBD extracts, the CBD-infused product campaign, the Milk Makeup 4/20 brand campaign, and Lord Jone’s micro-influencer outreach campaign are examples of successful CBD product campaigns promoted by influencers/celebrities.
1. UK CAMPAIGN FOR CBD EXTRACT: IGNITE
- Ignite comes in a form of CBD extract administered to incorporate with disposable vapes, e-cigarettes, lip balm, and drops. It is the first significant campaign campaign for cannabidiol from the United Kingdom.
- In the United States, Ignite was initially launched in the year 2018.
- According to Ignite, “CBD is a non-psychoactive component of cannabis, believed by its advocates to offer effects such as improved mood and concentration. CBD products contain little or no THC, the chemical compound that creates the high delivered by cannabis.”
- The cannabis trademark was launched and promoted by a prominent Instagram influencer/celebrity and poker player named Dan Bilzerian.
- During Ignite’s launch last July 16, the product was offered on sale. The original plan was make the item immediately available online. Nevertheless, brand management stated that it remained in consultation with large retailers.
- The name of the campaign was “Ignite Kingdom” and supported across OOH, print ads, digital display, digital OOH, etc.
- In the United Kingdom, CBD is a developing sector, and Ignite is a rising trademark. Ignite had to transfer the relentless laid back and mellow Californian atmosphere that resulted in the brand’s success in the United States to a new audience in the United Kingdom.
- The campaign included five executions, including combining fashion and spiritual and religious cues, which were concentrated to exhibit the balance lifestyle that the brand claims CBD oil can support.
- According to the CEO of Ignite, Mr. Kim McCormick, the hesitation of established gatekeepers to partner with Ignite resulted in its selection of Five by Five to serve a proficient launch firm to help it navigate an unfamiliar landscape.
2. CBD-INFUSED PRODUCTS: WILDFLOWER
- Wildflower was initially established as a privately-held business supplying a brand centered on cannabis in 2012, and in 2014, the company officially went public. Since then, it has achieved many notable breakthroughs in its quest to develop trademarks that operate in synergy toward developing into a global leader among wellness brands.
- The Wildflower wellness brand is one of the leading marketers and creators for plant-based wellness and health commodities, and it is headquartered in Vancouver.
- The brand’s success led to swift expansion outside Canada. The brand launched in the United States because the nation was embracing the CDB products in the market.
- The Wildflower brand was promoted by Kim Kardashian and Kanye West as the products were presented at an event. For guests, the products were utilized for relaxation purposes and preparation for a party. Furthermore, guests of Kim Kardashian were encouraged to try the vaporized CBD items from Wildflower.
- The brand was also chosen to be included in the “2019 Four Seasons Hotel Hollywood Swag Bags” as giveaways to actors, presenters, and nominees who booked a room at the hotel for the 2019 Oscars.
- As reported by PRNewswire, Wildflower was concentrated on developing labels using plant-based products, engaging with individuals seeking natural means to alleviate pain, remain healthy, and relax.
- The brand appeared in Kim Kardashian’s captured pictures from her baby shower as several celebrities enjoyed the product.
- The primary target market are individuals seeking to swiftly break away from the stress associated with modern life.
- Its products have been positively embraced by the American market since its expansion to United States.
3. MILK MAKE-UP’S 4/20 BRAND CAMPAIGN
- Milk Makeup is a cosmetic label that releases various makeup products, such mascara, and has extended its Kush line with hemp-fused merchandise.
- The brand adopted CBD-fused products in 2018 when CBD increased in popularity.
- The brand’s CBD-infused items were accused by Estée Laundry, referred to as an Instagram collective influencer, of glamorizing drugs.
- The brand’s campaign featured dime bags. (Source 4)
- Due to the massive increase in mentions and influencers’ conversations from news for CBD products, the brand worked on creating a campaign promoted by micro-influencers.
- The company uses a variety of methods to market its products. Some individuals consider their tactics to be riskier than others. Presently, there are stringent guidelines on advertising for cigarettes and alcohol, which could lead to pushback.
- Traackr’s lead influencer consultant Holly Jackson revealed that Traackr has identified CBD labels utilizing influencers to promote the wellness and health advantages of their items. Nonetheless, she claims that the questionable marketing approach employed by Milk Makeup, which involves embracing drug culture, is “cutting through the noise.”
4. LORD JONES’S “MICROINFLUENCER OUTREACH” CAMPAIGN
- Lord Jones is one of the beauty brands that are finding success with mentions and conversations from influencers.
- The celebrities who endorsed or promoted the beauty brand include Olivia Wilde and Busy Philipps.
- Lord Jones produced major brand awareness by utilizing a vigorous micro-influencer outreach campaign.
- Holly Jackson states that the brand’s campaign was victorious because of its cultivated connection to the holistic lifestyle, fitness, beauty, and health micro-influencers within the industry.
- The brand’s marketing effort mostly involves influencers marketing to millennials.
- According to Traackr, CBD-infused product brands, like Lord Jones, are controlling influencer discussions concerning the cannabis ingredient trend.
To provide examples of successful CBD product campaigns promoted by influencers/celebrities, we searched for existing information from articles, press release, news reports, media publications, etc. like Forbes, New York Times, US News Today, CS Newswire. Results of our searches provided us with some successful CBD brand campaigns involving the assistance of influencers/celebrities promotions. To determine if the CBD campaign was successful, we used some metrics or basis of comparison, such as the following:
- The CBD campaign resulted in a positive business venture for brands like business expansion and development.
- The CBD campaign was mentioned and talked about across trusted news reports and articles about the successful execution of the campaign.
- There are increasing brand product campaign promoters or mentions from influencers on social platforms.
After identifying examples of successful CBD product campaigns promoted by influencers/celebrities, we provided the name and a brief description of the brand, who were the celebrities or influencers involved in the campaign, what was the launch strategy of the brand, and other relevant details about the label and its product marketing campaign.