Ten of the top podcasts, based on high review ratings, for preschool audiences in the US, include Circle Round, The Story Pirates Podcast, The Sesame Street Podcast with Foley and Friends, Extra Blurt Jr., The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd, Little Stories for Tiny People, Preschool Music & Story Time, Ear Snacks, Noodle Loaf, and The Music Box.
1. Circle Round
- Circle Round is a storytelling podcast that adapts folktales into “sound- and music-rich radio plays” for children ages 2 and above. Each episode addresses topics like kindness, persistence, and generosity, and includes an activity “that inspires a deeper conversation between children and grown-ups.”
- This podcast is very popular among preschoolers and has a 5-star rating on Facebook and a 4.5 rating on Apple Podcasts.
2. The Story Pirates Podcast
- The Story Pirates Podcast adapts original stories submitted by kids. It also provides activities and digital content for preschoolers.
- This storytelling podcast won the 2020 iHeartRadio award for Best Kids and Family Podcast. It has been downloaded over 20 million times. It has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on Facebook and a 4.5 rating on Apple Podcasts.
3. The Sesame Street Podcast with Foley and Friends
- This is an educational podcast by Sesame Street available on Amazon’s Audible. It features “music, interactive games, and Muppets galore.”
- Sesame Street’s podcast has a 5-star rating on Audible.
4. Extra Blurt Jr.
- Extra Blurt Jr. is an audio trivia game show for small children. The podcast is available on Pinna’s app for Android or iOS.
- Pinna has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Facebook. Most reviews discuss Pinna’s podcasts and how preschool children like them.
5. The Radio Adventures of Dr. Floyd
- This podcast features the adventures of Dr. Floyd and his nemesis, Dr. Steve. The show aims to educate kids about historic events and characters.
- The podcast has a rating of 4.6 out of 5 on Apple Podcasts.
6. Little Stories for Tiny People
- This podcast features original kids’ stories to listen to at any time or bedtime.
- Little Stories for Tiny People has a rating of 4.5 on Apple Podcasts.
7. Preschool Music & Story Time
- This podcast features high-energy, interactive songs, stories, and rhythm games for preschoolers.
- Preschool Music & Story Time has a 4.6 rating on Apple Podcasts.
8. Ear Snacks
- “Ear Snacks is a musical podcast for kids about the world.” It features music, science, art, and culture content for younger children.
- The podcast has a rating of 4.3 on Apple Podcasts.
9. Noodle Loaf
- Noodle Loaf is an interactive, music-themed podcast for kids created by Dan Sacks, a musician and early childhood music educator. Its content features singing, dancing, and play.
- This podcast has a 4.4 rating on Apple Podcasts and a 5-star rating on Facebook.