This report collects data on the following cloud-hosted video solutions: Verkada, Rhombus Systems, Meraki, Arcules, and Genetec. Verkada and Meraki appear to have the highest valuations, though not all solutions had identifiable valuations. Verkada raised the most funding, while Genetec is noted for its rapid growth. Arcules (owned by Canon) is notable for its wide spread of analytics options.
- Parent company: Verkada Inc. is the parent company.
- Parent company revenue: Growjo estimates Verkada’s annual revenue at $53.8 million a year.
- Fundraising and valuation: In January 2020, Verkada raised $80 million in Series C funding at a valuation of $1.6 billion; Felicis Ventures was the lead investor. Verkada’s total funding is listed as $138.9 million from nine investors on Crunchbase.
- Analytics provided: Verkada enables its users to see all video footage that contains a particular person of interest via People Analytics. It is also capable of vehicle analytics.
2. Rhombus Systems
- Parent company: Rhombus Systems, Inc. is the parent company.
- Parent company revenue: Not available.
- Fundraising and valuation: Crunchbase provides the funding for Rhombus as $3 million from two investors. Lemnos Labs led the investing. Additional investors are listed here, but the amount invested or when is not apparent. The valuation was not available.
- Analytics provided: Rhombus provides analytics for “people, vehicle, and object recognition.”
- Parent company: Cisco is the parent company.
- Parent company revenue: Cisco’s revenue for fiscal year 2020 was $49.3 billion.
- Fundraising and valuation: Meraki was sold to Cisco for $1.2 billion.
- Analytics provided: Meraki’s video analytics involve the use of motion heatmaps, people detection (through the use of the MV Object Detection feature), and MV sense.
- Parent company: Canon is the parent company.
- Parent company revenue: In 2019, Canon’s revenue was $33.058 billion.
- Fundraising and valuation: Canon’s valuation is $17.35 billion.
- Analytics provided: Arcules provides people detection, people counting, heat maps, vehicle detection, camera blur detection, and camera rotation detection for its analytics.
- Parent company: Genetec is the parent company.
- Parent company revenue: Genetec’s revenue is listed at $46.14 million. In 2019, Genetec was recognized as the fastest growing company of its type in the field.
- Fundraising and valuation: Not available.
- Analytics provided: People and vehicle tracking and identification are among the analytics offered by Genetec (including the use of ACIC video analytics and license plate tracking).