It is estimated that about 7,666,667 CCTV cameras are installed annually in the United States.
- According to the IHS market report, as of 2018, there were about 70 million CCTV cameras installed in the United States as compared to 47 million in the year 2015.
- Based on the IHS Markit report, the CCTV camera market in the United States saw a compound annual growth rate of 14.2%.
- The number of CCTV cameras installed in the United States amounted to 6,674,000 in 2016, 7,621,708 in 2017, and 8,704,292 in the year 2018.
- Based on the report published by the IHS Markit, an estimated 7,666,667 CCTV cameras are installed annually in the United States.
- The United States CCTV cameras market size is estimated at $3 billion.
- According to the report published by Precise Security, there are about 5 million CCTV cameras installed in the U.K., and about 7.5 CCTV cameras are installed per 100 people.
- The Precise Security report revealed that London has the highest number of CCTV cameras installed with 627,707 cameras in the UK, and the number of cameras per 100 people is 6.84.
- According to a report published by the Surveillance Camera Commissioner Annual in 2017, it is estimated that 90% of the CCTV cameras in the UK are owned and operated by businesses, quasi-government organizations, public sector organizations, voluntary sector, and private households.
- According to the Precise Security report, about 1.65 million CCTV cameras are installed in France, and the number of cameras per 100 people is 2.46.
- The Nordic region consists of Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, and there are about 18.0 people per security camera in the Nordics region.
- In 2019, the Danish government presented a new security package to increase the installation in the number of CCTV cameras in public spaces.
- To increase security in Denmark, the Danish Police took steps by setting up 50 new CCTV cameras across the country, and they are also in the process of setting up about 100 additional CCTV cameras by 2021.
- Based in Sweden, Axis Communications AB is one of the key players in the global CCTV camera market.
- In 2019, the regional council of Stockholm, Sweden, planned to install cameras in the 271 subway train carriages in use in Stockholm.
After our extensive research and creative assumptions, our research team was unable to identify the number of CCTV cameras installed annually in each of the listed countries/regions. However, we were able to calculate an estimated number of CCTV cameras installed in the United States. For this project, our research initially focused on searching for a direct answer and began scouring through industry reports in the specified countries and regions. However, the reports only published the total installed cameras in some countries/regions like the U.S., UK, and France. As specific data was unavailable, we found relevant industry statistics from the industry reports of the CCTV market industry to calculate estimated figures for the US market. We also searched through the press releases, company announcements, and articles in the given regions to find any mentions on the number of CCTV cameras installed in previous years, or over the years, but were unable to find any such information. Next, we scoured through multiple media publications and industry organizations such as Forbes, Business Insider, BBC, security news desk, security magazine, among others. The idea here was to check for any mentions about statistical data in the mentioned regions, but we were unable to do so. At last, we have compiled the relevant information for the CCTV market in the specific countries/regions.
- In the United States, there were about 47 million CCTV cameras installed in the year 2015, and the number increased to 70 million by 2018.
- Using the CAGR calculator, Starting value= 47,000,000, Ending value= 70,000,000, the number of years= 3, it was found that the United States CCTV cameras market saw a CAGR of 14.2% from the year 2015 to 2018.
- Now using the reverse CAGR calculator, at a CAGR of 14.2%. For example, the starting value for the year 2015 is 47,000,000, CAGR is 14.2, and the number of period/years =1, it was found that the number of CCTV cameras installed in the United States accounted for 6,674,000 in 2016. Using this similar method, it was found that the number of CCTV cameras installed in the United States accounted for 7,621,708 in 2017, and 8,704,292 in the year 2018.
- Now to find the number of cameras installed annually, we took the average/mean of 3 years = (6,674,000 + 7,621,708 + 8,704,292)/3 = 23000000/ 3 = 7,666,667
Therefore, based on calculations, it is estimated that about 7,666,667 CCTV cameras are installed annually in the United States annually.