We have provided information about the industry in the previous years as part of our helpful findings.
US Sparkling Water Industry – Helpful Findings
- In 2017, the US sparkling water industry was worth $4.01 billion. In 2016, it was valued at $3.61 billion.
- According to Euromonitor, as reproduced by the Huffington Post, sparkling water and “smart” water combined reached $4 billion as of 2015.
- The mineral and bottled water market in the U.S, including sparkling water, reached $11.4 billion in 2013. Of this, 20% comes from bottled still water, with sparkling representing around 10% of the total ($1.15 billion).
- The global industry was valued at $24.51 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $59.67 billion at an 11.8% CAGR.
- The North American region holds the second-largest share of the global industry behind Europe. It accounted for over 25% of the industry in 2019.
- Flavored sparkling water is expected to be the fastest-growing product segment with a CAGR of 12.0% from 2020 to 2027 due to the increasing popularity of alternatives to sugary and carbonated drinks among consumers worldwide.
- A graph representing the growth in millions of liters of sparkling water sold in the U.S is provided below.
To provide the United States sparkling water industry’s market size and growth rate, we began our search by scouring through the public domain for a pre-compiled publication, news article, or industry report with the market size and growth rate of the sparkling water industry in the US. We look at industry reports by Statista, Beverage Marketing, and the US Beverage Industry report. This strategy was proved abortive as the needed data points were behind paywalls. Next, we expanded our search to a regional level by searching for the North American sparkling water industry size. Through this strategy, we hoped to triangulate the market size and growth rate for the United States from any information found. This proved abortive as the report on the industry provided by ISUU was also behind a paywall. We also searched through media publications and news articles from trusted publishers such as Forbes, The Street, and HuffPost, all to no avail. Lastly, we further expanded our search to a global scale by searching through the public domain for pre-compiled industry reports on the global outdoor sports apparel market. We hoped to find data on the market size and growth rate of the sparkling water industry. This strategy yielded positive results as we identified reports by credible industry analysis experts such as Tech Navio, Grand View Research, Market Research Future, Transparency Market Research. Although the sources’ data points are paywalled, we were able to find some data points such as the size of the US sparkling water industry in 2016 and 2017. Unfortunately, the data available to us was not enough to triangulate the industry’s growth rate and future market size. We have provided other details about the industry as part of our helpful findings.