- AVI-SPL is the number one firm on the SCN Top 50 list for 2019. The company is headquartered in Tampa, Florida, but has offices throughout the US and international offices in Canada, Germany, the UAE and the UK.
- AVI-SPL designs, builds and manages audio visual solutions for commercial workplaces.
- AVI-SPL carries many brands including AKG, Atlas Sound, Bose, Cables To Go, Epson, LG Electronics, JBL and more.
- In 2019, the company had 7,800 commercial AV installations.
- As of 2019, the company reported 2,500 full-time employees worldwide.
- Diversified is the second firm on the SCN Top 50 list for 2019. The company is headquartered in Kenilworth, NJ, but has offices globally including Canada, Europe, the Middle East, Japan, Korea and Australia.
- Diversified offers a full suite of audio visual services including consulting, design, building/installation and management for projects such as collaborative spaces, distance learning, event spaces, unified communications and others.
- Diversified touts a “vendor agnostic” approach, utilizing brands such as Avocor, Chief, Cisco, Epson, JBL, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and others.
- In 2019, Diversified installed 20,000 commercial audio visual solutions, including for companies such as the CBS News Washington Bureau, National Geographic, United Way, the Wells Fargo Center, Comcast Technology Center, IBM and many more.
- In 2019, the company reported 2,500 full-time employees.
3. AVI Systems
- AVI Systems, the fourth company on the SCN Top 50 list for 2019 but the third company since the merger of Whitlock and AVI-SPL, is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN. They have locations throughout the US, Mexico, Canada, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
- AVI Systems offers audio visual solutions using their proven four-part process: development, design, integration and support.
- AVI Systems works with brands such as Atlas Sound, Avocor, Bosch, Epson, LG, Panasonic and many more.
- In 2019, AVI Systems installed 3,500 commercial audio visual systems.
- AVI Systems reported 725 full-time employees in 2019.
- Avidex, the fifth company on the SCN 2019 Top 50 list but the fourth after the Whitlock merger, is headquartered in Bellevue, WA but has other locations in Fremont, CA; Spokane, WA; and Cary, NC.
- Avidex offers design, install, and support services for audio visual solutions in industries such as corporate, healthcare, government, finance, and hospitality.
- They work with brands such as Sharp, Chief, Planar, C2G, Epson, and many more.
- In 2019, Avidex reported 3,230 installations of audio visual systems.
- In 2019, the company reported 456 full-time employees.
- Solutionz designs, engineers, installs and manages AV integrations for projects such as conference rooms, commercial displays, and custom rooms.
- They offer audio visual brands such as Viewsonic, Epson, Clear Touch, LG, BenQ, Bosch, C2G and more.
- In 2019, Solutionz completed 2,152 commercial audio visual installations.
- In 2019, the company reported having a total of 440 full-time employees.
6. Ford AV
- Ford AV offers consultation, design, installation and support for commercial AV projects in industries such as business, education, entertainment, government, healthcare, retail, sports and entertainment.
- Ford AV carries brands such as JBL, NEC, Panasonic, Cisco, Sharp, Sony and more.
- In 2019, the company completed 750 commercial audio visual installations.
- There were 550 full-time employees at Ford AV in 2019.
7. CCS Presentation Systems
- CCS offers “full-service integration, installation, training and maintenance of audio and video equipment, including large format LCD displays, digital projectors, interactive whiteboards, room control systems, audio systems, high definition videoconferencing systems and more.”
- CCS works with over 300 manufacturer brands including NEC, Epson, SMART, Panasonic, and Crestron.
- In 2019, they completed 4,852 AV project installations.
- CCS had 344 full-time staff in 2019.
- Electrosonic is headquartered in Burbank, CA and has locations throughout the US, the UK, the UAE, and in China.
- Electrosonic offers consulting, design, installation and support for audio visual systems.
- Some of the brands Electrosonic works with include Christie, QSC Q-SYS DSP, Tannoy, BagEnd, Russound, Dakota, Innovox, BagEnd, Renkus Heinz, Stewart, 3M, Planar, LG, Sony, BrightSign HD, Microsoft Kinect, Medialon Control System and Watchout.
- In 2019, Electrosonic completed 780 AV installations.
- As of 2019, Electrosonic had 460 full-time employees.
- Solotech offers design, installation, sales and support for AV collaboration systems.
- Solotech works with over 300 manufacturers in the AV space including Barco, Dell, Epson, DPA, AKG Acoustics, Bose and more.
- In 2019, Solotech completed 300 AV project installations.
- Solotech reported a total of 1,400 full-time employees in 2019.
10. SKC Communications
- SKC Communications offers design and installation of AV systems during commercial building or renovation, as well as project management, consulting, sales and support services.
- Brands they work with include Avixa, AMX, Biamp, Chief, CISCO, QSC, Microsoft, and Extron, among others.
- SKC Communications completed 1,100 AV system installations in 2019.
- The company reported 305 full-time employees in 2019.
In order to craft this list, the research team utilized the Systems Contractor News (SCN) Top 50 list from 2019, as the list for 2020 is not yet available. Since this list calls for self-reported data from companies, and is completely voluntary to enter, the research team cannot say with 100% certainty that these are the top companies. However, as most companies in this sector are private companies, there is no publicly verifiable financial information to base a different ranking on; therefore, the publicly available information on this list is the best data available. Firms on this list can also do home AV installation, however, according to contest rules, “to be eligible for Top 50 consideration, the firm’s revenue for commercial AV system design and installation must account for more than 50 percent of its total revenue.”
Whitlock was originally included as the number four firm on the SCN Top 50 list from 2019; however, it was found that they merged with AVI-SPL in 2020.