eFront, SAP Litmos, and TalentLMS are fully customizable, white-labeled LMS platforms that provide SCORM (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) standard support.
- eFront offers real-time collaboration through integrated video conferencing apps and webinars, including Web-ex and BigBlueButton. When trainers gamify their students’ experience on the platform, they can level up, earn points and badges, and get featured on leaderboards. The app also supports various communication tools, including internal email, calendars, discussion forums, and comments.
- For security, the platform provides 2-factor authentication and IP whitelisting. With over 80 checkout options provided through FoxyCart and integrations with PayPal, Stripe, U-Pay, and CashEnvoy, instructors can manage their payment gateways without any added stress.
- eFront offers three plans, Business, Enterprise, and Large Enterprise, ranging from less than 1000 to 5000 users. Business costs $1000 monthly, Enterprise costs $1500 monthly, while Large Enterprise costs $2500 monthly. The company can also design a customized plan for more than 5000 users.
- Its unique advantage is that it can be divided into sub-portals and branches, which are customizable and can operate independently, such that branch admins can organize branch-wide training and give credits to branch members. The app also allows trainers to take mass actions that are implemented on multiple users and courses at the same time.
- eFront has an overall rating of 4.6/5.0. Users have commended the fact that it is suitable for corporates and academics and consider it a good value for their money.
“In short, the value for money provided is truly excellent, and we highly recommend eFrontPro to businesses wishing to take care of training and certification of personnel.” “There are issues in how some components work, and the lack of Curriculum enrollments is a big issue for me.”
2. SAP Litmos
- SAP Litmos supports Instructor-Led Training (ILT) through virtual classrooms. Its user onboarding process is fast and straightforward, made possible through “automated email invitations, an intuitive UI, and single sign-on through integrated systems.” The universally accessible platform is made secure through encryption and storage behind a hardware firewall. It is multilingual and supports 33 languages.
- To help improve engagement, the software features gamification, including leaderboards, badges, points, and achievement awards. It also employs other engagement features like interactive hotspots, social sharing, and discussion forums.
- Other tools available on the platform are online course builder, video assessment, tracking and reporting, e-commerce, customized learning paths, social learning, and task automation.
- The company does not provide its pricing information except on demand for a quote.
- The platform’s competitive advantage is its fast user onboarding process. The process of assigning courses, creating and sharing learning paths, and team placement can all be automated to save time.
- SAP Litmos has an overall rating of 4.2/5.0. Users are impressed with the level of engagement of the app and its ability to keep track of learners’ progress. However, there have been complaints that the app does not support a subscription model for courses and that it requires a lot of manual work.
“The ability to engage with our learners and keep track of their progress, so they have something to show for all their hard work is probably the biggest one.””Too much manual work steps due to lack of integration/APIs for automation. No support for a “subscription” model with renewable access to a number of courses (i.e., recurring revenue model).”
- TalentLMS provides an integrated video conferencing tool with added support for virtual meeting solutions. Its gamification experience is fully customizable with badges, points, levels, rewards, and leaderboards. The software also provides tools to help course providers design certificates with and without expiration dates.
- To avoid intellectual theft, the software enables course providers to add watermarks to their videos. The platform’s white-labeling allows users to apply their logo, domain, communication emails, and to build a public homepage on the learning portal. It is also multilingual and available across multiple devices.
- TalentLMS offers five plans: Free, Starter at $59 monthly, Basic at $129 monthly, Plus at $249 monthly, and Premium at $429 monthly. This payment plan is billed annually. For monthly billing, trainers will have to pay between $20 and $100 more every month, depending on the plan.
- Its distinctive feature is that it allows users to create public websites on their learning portals and extend it with “pages that are available only to logged-in users.”
- TalentLMS has an overall rating of 4.6/5.0. The platform is described as easy-to-use and user-friendly, especially for starters in LMS.
“TalentLMS was by far the best of the systems we trialed to deliver e-commerce training solutions. The features and set-up are intuitive, and the customer support has been outstanding. The product offers a range of features to easily commercialize your courses, create content on the platform or import Scorm or other file formats, and incredibly responsive customer support.””Our use case is unique, and the use of branches is important at times. I do wish some admin functionality was available for branches like it is in the administrator side (such as mass uploads, etc.).”
4. Paradiso LMS
- Paradiso LMS features the Virtual Classroom Platform, an in-built video conferencing tool that provides instructors and learners with the ability to collaborate and communicate in real-time, from anywhere across the world, and from any device of their choice. The tool, which is available on both cloud and on-premise hosting, features an interactive whiteboard, breakout rooms, multiple status options, live recording, presentation uploads, polls, shared notes, multiple screen sharing, and group chat.
- Instructors can also use Paradiso’s interactive video tool in the delivery of e-learning content. Paradiso is multilingual and can therefore be localized to support up to a hundred languages.
- The platform hosts an LMS Gamification tool, which can be employed to enhance learners’ experience. It includes a points system, badges, and leaderboards.
- The company does not provide its pricing information except on demand for a quote. However, Capterra estimates that Paradiso’s pricing begins at $2.95 monthly per user.
- Unlike other LMS platforms, Paradiso offers two hosting options, cloud and on-premise hosting. Its interactive video tool is also unique. The app allows learners to use LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook, and other social platforms for authentication.
- The platform has a rating of 4.6/5.0 on Capterra. It is generally considered an efficient and easy-to-use software. However, some customers have complained that the app is slow and needs to be updated.
“This is a powerful platform that comes with too many features that any other platform offers, for example, Report builder, Learning Paths, Multi-tenancy, course creators, gamification, social learning, UI customizable, and so on… The customer support is very good, and they offer a customer documentation portal that provides all that you need to use this LMS.” Review 2 -“The User Interface could have been made better. Also, the site speed is slow. Navigation from one webpage to others is a little slow, should work on that.”
- Tovuti has its in-built video conferencing tool and also allows users to integrate third-party online video conference platforms such as Zoom, Join.me, and others. Its virtual classroom features are breakout rooms, class attendance register, and events manager for in-person meetings. Its gamification features are badges, certificates, leaderboards, and checklists.
- Tovuti provides tools that allow the instructor to manage and track courses, create learning paths, gate lessons by creating prerequisites, and organize quizzes and assessments from a variety of question formats and rules.
- Users are also allowed to create social profiles to express their personality. Through the app’s social platform, they can connect and network with other users through learner portals, communities, forums, comments, and more.
- The company does not provide its pricing information except on demand for a quote. However, Capterra estimates that Tovuti’s pricing starts at $450 monthly.
- Tovuti allows each program to have as many admin users as desired. The platform offers coaching support for new clients. It has a separate tool for creating and managing events that can serve as prerequisites to unlock new courses.
- The platform has a rating of 4.8/5.0 on Capterra. Users are impressed with its features, its seamless operation, and good customer service.
“Have been impressed with the features available in Tovuti. It does have a bit of a learning curve to it when setting up the content, but once you get used to the interface, it’s very easy to manage, author, and track everything. Users have said they feel the product being offered is more premium and feels like they are getting their money’s worth, which has led them to continue their learning with our other product courses.””The reporting functionality has been limited in the one aspect I was looking for, namely for quiz results within a lesson, but we found a workaround.”
6. Next Thought
- Next Thought is flexible and easily adaptable to all content types. Instructors can distribute their course content the traditional way using audio formats with transcribed text. Users can also add webinars to their quick course creation tools.
- Next Thought is focused on engaged and social learning experiences to ensure that programs are inclusive. Its key features include unlimited content and course creation, social and rewarding learning, and meaningful analytics.
- Next Thought offers three packages, Starter, Growth, and Enterprise. Starter costs $99 per admin or instructor monthly, Growth costs $199 per admin or instructor monthly, and $299 for Enterprise per admin monthly.
- One of the platform’s unique advantages is that it allows users to embed other websites. It provides users with the opportunity to either extract from the platform’s content or import and create theirs. Next Thought is also the only platform that allows instructors to reward learners with monetary prizes.
- The platform has a rating of 4.7/5.0 on Capterra. Users consider it a great platform with reasonable pricing and perfect customer service.
“The scalability of the platform is brilliant, giving us the ability to build one simple course or a multi-day virtual conference with 80+ sessions. Learners are able to track progress and download certificates within the platform, which is critical for our audience.””The only con is that we are not able to choose the order in which our courses display for our learners. I understand that this is something that the NextThought team is working on developing, so we are hoping this will be a possibility in the future.”